82% Real Unsalted Butter, that’s all we use. Grassland 82% unsalted butter is non-gmo certified and rBST-free (hormone free).
Butter is a popular dairy product made from cow's milk.
It is composed of milk fat that has been separated from other milk components. It has a rich flavour and is widely used for cooking, baking, or as a spread on bread. In the past few decades, butter has been unfairly blamed for cardiovascular disease due to its high saturated fat content.
However, the public and scientific opinion has been slowly shifting in its favor, and many people now consider butter to be healthy.
The following vitamins are found in high amounts in butter:
- Vitamin A: The most abundant vitamin in butter. One tablespoon (14 g) can provide about 11% of the daily recommended allowance.
- Vitamin D: Butter is a good source of vitamin D.
- Vitamin E: A powerful antioxidant often found in fatty foods.
- Vitamin B12: Also called cobalamin, vitamin B12 is only found in foods of animal origin, such as eggs, meat, and dairy products.
- Vitamin K2: A form of vitamin K, also called menaquinone. May protect against cardiovascular disease and osteoporosis.
However, butter doesn't contribute much to the total daily intake of these vitamins because it is usually consumed in small amounts.
Many studies have failed to find a link between saturated fat intake and cardiovascular disease. In fact, many studies have actually found the intake of high-fat dairy products to be beneficial for cardiovascular health. However, most of the studies used "regular" amounts. It is possible that consuming large amounts (for example, adding butter to your coffee) can be problematic.